Resources to help you get on with what matters.
You'll soon find out that I frequently talk about the products + services I use to do what matters in my family + work life. In fact, more often that not, I completely rave about them. It's because I can't imagine doing what I do without them.
I currently use all of the resources on this page and totally recommend them. I've tried a lot. Not all have stuck, these are the ones that have.
Evernote I'm in love with Evernote. Keeps a disorganised person organised. My online filing cabinet. Loads of Evernote articles coming soon because I don't know how you can do what matters without it! Basic is free. I pay a low annual price for the Premium version. Frequency of Use Daily x 5+
Pocket A queue for all those articles you come across on Facebook, Twitter and while you Google. Don't have time to read it now? Put it in Pocket. Want to refer back to it later in seconds? Put it in Pocket. Researching for a blog post or book? Pocket. Kids doing a project or assignment? Pocket. Install and sync across all your devices. Use the free version at first & upgrade later if necessary. Frequency of use: Daily x 10
Audible There's no way I could get through as many books without audio books from Audible. You can subscribe for around $15 a month and that includes a free book. Allows me to learn while I drive, cook, do chores, walk and wait. I alternate between listening to audio books & podcasts. Addicted to both. Kids can listen as well. Awesome kids books. Frequency of Use: Weekly x 5
Google Calendar All I can say is why haven't I been using this for the last 10 years. This has cut down confusion & arguments in our house by 80%. Changed our families life. My husband is now all over the families comings & goings (how good is that!) I can access the calendar from any device and so can he. I used to be a fan of an on the wall calendar + iCal. Those days are over. Frequency of Use: Daily x 20+
Daily 2 Hour Work Block The only way I can truly pump out work. A process I've developed after being inspired by others. Frequency of Use: Weekly x 5
Courses & Online Communities
Fizzle Edgy online courses for entrepreneurs & online businesses. Use the link on this page and you'll get to try it for free for a month. $35 a month after that. This gives you a lot of bang for your buck. There are over 400 training modules that include high quality videos and coursework. There's a course for virtually everything you might need to start a business delivered with a unique, upbeat style + sense of humour. Once you join you're encouraged to join the very active online forum. It's brilliant to support others, get advice, & network.
Intentional Blog Course This is a brilliant online course by an internet mentor of mine - Jeff Goins. If you're planning on starting a blog or have a blog that needs some attention you have to do this course. Jeff helps you do things like find your voice, craft content, and build your audience. Really pro videos, workbooks & materials. Jeff is a family guy who gives so much to his audience. You can't help but like him.
Art of Work Another course by Jeff Goins that can help you discover what you are meant to do. If you're not ready to sign up for a course or just want a taster you may prefer to listen to the free podcast series first or read the Art of Work book. Highly recommended.
Beyond the To-Do List I love this show. About productivity but with a focus on living a full life. Totally inspiring guests and tools. This was the first podcast series I got hooked on. My husband loves it as well. We've listened to loads of episodes on car trips while the kids sleep or have device time.
Problogger 31 Days to Build a Better Blog This is my new favourite blogging podcast from Australian Blogger Darren Rowse. Bite sized episodes. Spot on advice.
Amy Porterfield Online Marketing Made Easy I just love listening to an Amy Porterfield podcast. Amy's podcasts are polished and well planned. You don't feel like you're wasting a second. Amy is articulate, bright, happy, and so engaging. I always have a list of tips and ideas a mile long after listening to her and her guests.
Jeff Goins The Portfolio Life This podcast series is aimed at people who want a portfolio life. A life of different work & personal activities all of which make you who you are. I've listened to most of them twice!
The Fizzle Show Funny, totally energetic, a mix of banter, jokes, swearing & spot on info. Totally great series for business builders & entrepreneurs. I always look forward to the next podcast.
Squarespace is the platform I use for my blog. Believe me I researched and researched before I made my choice. I tried Wordpress but I found it all too hard to get started . Squarespace got me started doing what matters - without any fuss.
Blog Post Headline Analyser from CoSchedule If you haven't got a good headline no one's going to open your post. This free tool is so good I can't believe it. Scores your headline ideas. You can fiddle around with loads of ideas and pick the one with the highest score.
Pilates Anytime Totally the best. You can do classes on demand from home or your hotel if you're travelling. Can't rave about it enough. At $18 US a month this is a bargain for unlimited classes streamed to any of your devices. With just a mat and a few low cost pilates accessories you can do over 900 mat classes. I do reformer classes now I have this piece of equipment but totally not necessary. You can trial it for free for a fortnight.
10,000 Steps a Day
Be Inspired to Do What Matters with these Popular Articles
- Oct 16, 2015 An Essential Productivity Skill For Kids. And it has street cred. Oct 16, 2015
- Sep 17, 2015 No to a coffin. Yes to a tree. The letter I've written to my kids about my funeral. Sep 17, 2015
- Aug 24, 2015 10,000 Steps + Activity Trackers: The benefits are more than physical Aug 24, 2015
- Aug 19, 2015 90 Day Plans: A Dramatic Productivity Trick. (Do 4 times more. Sharpen focus. Stop overwhelm.) Aug 19, 2015
- Aug 13, 2015 Overconsumer or not? 26 questions to get you thinking Aug 13, 2015
- Aug 7, 2015 Podcasts: An ingenious way to restart your self-education & personal development. Aug 7, 2015
- Jul 20, 2015 My 7 Day Fizzle Forum Fling. No more online forum fear Jul 20, 2015
- Jul 5, 2015 A Stuff Free Birthday for your Tween or Teen. It is possible. Jul 5, 2015
- Jun 22, 2015 The Something for Others System. An easy way to give your day more purpose Jun 22, 2015
- Jun 18, 2015 The 2-Hour Work Block. A secret productivity superpower Jun 18, 2015
- May 14, 2015 You're a good listener right? It's never too late to check. May 14, 2015
- Apr 22, 2015 Still spooked by Twitter? 3 articles to help you become a super-tweeter Apr 22, 2015
- Apr 15, 2015 Renovating? You might not need as much storage as you think Apr 15, 2015
- Mar 31, 2015 How to help parents who have lost a child. 6 practical resources to help you support them Mar 31, 2015
- Mar 31, 2015 The website platform dilemma: 7 reasons why I ditched Wordpress and chose Squarespace for my blog Mar 31, 2015
- Mar 31, 2015 6 Tips for Starting a Book Club. That's not boring or intimidating Mar 31, 2015
- Mar 31, 2015 Evernote for your family. An introduction. Mar 31, 2015
- Mar 31, 2015 A well designed outdoor shower: A renovation essential Mar 31, 2015
- Mar 31, 2015 What could happen if you started to rise early? Mar 31, 2015
- Mar 31, 2015 How do you choose the best school for your child? 9 sneaky but simple things to do before you decide Mar 31, 2015